Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4.7.2010

Didn't get to finish blogging my day yesterday, we were so busy. We haven't figured out how to hook me up with internet at Mom's apartment. I'm on the hospital's wireless network now.

The flight to Melbourne was a little turbulent. Beautiful blue skies though. They took my carry-on and checked it again just like the first flight, which is fine with me. I was feeling so good I didn't pay that close attention to the seats and actually sat down a row off. How embarrassing! But the man whose seat I took was very gracious about asking me to move. I love the MLB airport. It's so nice and quaint. All airports should only have two terminals. There's no crowding, no noise. It's lovely.

We went to the salon and Mom had a pedicure. I had a manicure. First my hands were dipped in warm wax, then wrapped in saran wrap and then oven gloves. We had the same color of lavender nail polish put on. I didn't take a picture because, well, my nails were wet!


Afterwards we had dinner at The Cove, a beachside restaurant. I had grilled Salmon (a huge piece of fish!) with a tossed green salad and garlic mashed potatoes. Mom had the fried oysters, salad and a soup. I meant to have the waitress take a pictures of us, but I was just enjoying the moment. We couldn't see the water but we could feel the seabreeze and it felt very much like home to me, even though I've now lived in G'ville longer than I have Melbourne.

Having been up since 4-something, I started to crash very early in the evening. But I stayed up long enough for the special treat Mom had for me... a peanut butter pie. It's our special pie because it reminds us so much of Daddy. This one was Nana D's recipe. It was very good but probably not the best thing to have right before bedtime since I'm watching my weight!

2 comments:

Tolkienphile said...

You look so cute in those oven mitts!

HymnSinger said...

Pleezze! Oven mitts don't make people look cute! He is after something! Anyway, let us know how the surgery goes!