Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4.6.2010 #2

I am blogging from the Charlotte Airport! It's amazing how easy it is to connect to these wireless networks!

All I brought with me on this trip was my carry-on (packed slam full) and my electronics bag (laptop, GPS, camera and phone). I was determined not to pay $25 for a checked bag when D will be coming down in four days. So I was surprised when the gate attendant for my GSP flight came and put a yellow tag on my bag. He told me that when we boarded I should leave my bag at the stairway. Apparently the plane was so tiny they check everybody's carry-ons, anything over the size of a briefcase. I didn't have to pay the fee though and I didn't have to try and heft it into the overhead compartment, so I was a happy girl!

The flight from GSP went well. Since D and I work so close to the airport, I tried to see our building from the air. I couldn't locate it, but I waved to D all the same. My seat-mate wasn't too talkative but he could not sit still, which drives me nuts! I'm glad the flight was only about half an hour.

Once I got to Charlotte I popped into the restroom. When I came out all I could smell was cinnamon. I remembered that D mentioned there was a Cinnabon here. So I started walking. And walked. And walked. Finally, at the complete opposite end of the concourse, I came to it. I immediately got in line behind the other dozen people who could not resist. They gave me one fresh from the oven.

I found an empty rocking chair, watched the planes and ate my cinnamon roll. It was so good, but I'll be ready for real food in Melbourne. I've already talked to D and Mom. TEM and I have been texting. It's beena good trip so far...

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

Glad its going so well for you! Be sure to tell Martha we said Hi!