I've had a snippet of a sword & sorcery scene tucked away in my head for a while now but I've never figured out what to do with it. Last night, when I couldn't sleep, the whole story came to me. I'm not confident it's the whole story, because they do tend to evolve as you write them, but it's a complete story arc. Once D was good and awake this morning I told him that I had an idea for a story that he might actually read! I'll probably need his help, as he is much better versed in the genre than I am. We agreed that I was probably inspired to write fantasy since we watched 5 disks of Legend of the Seeker back-to-back! That will certainly do it if anything will!
RidgewayGirl and I met at ABC for lunch and we exchanged Christmas presents. I gave her a book off her wishlist and a gift certificate to Mr K's Used Books. She gave me a book by an author she introduced me to back in October (we're going to read it together) and some Godiva chocolate. Books and chocolate, she knows me well. I foresee some treadmill time later on in my day. We decided that come January we are going to start writing again. She's going to continue working on her NaNo. I was conflicted between editing my NaNo '07 or NaNo '09 but now I think I'll get started on this fantasy story right away while it's fresh in my head.
While I was at lunch I got a text message from TEM. She and R are having a girl! Which reminds me, she asked me to crochet a blanket. Need to get started on that!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment