Thursday, December 24, 2009

12.23.2009

D and I opted for a half day at work and drove over to "do" Christmas in Columbia. GE and BJE were down from TN. RDM treated us to dinner at the Ale House - I finally got to eat there! RDM was working so he couldn't sit with us, but he was able to visit. It was rib night, so we all obliged and had ribs. They were so good. We brought some home and they will be dinner tonight!



Drinkin' Shirley Temples. True to form, TEM is in red and I'm in blue. Wouldn't have it any other way. We reconnected a year ago. It's been a very busy time for TEM and I feel very blessed to have been with her and to have her back in my life.


We waited for RDM to come off shift and watched Patrick Stewart's Scrooge on TV. Poor BJE was tired. She closed her eyes for every picture I took.


When I was shopping for TEM, I knew I wanted to get her something to wear (and looking at her other Christmas gifts, I was not alone in this regard). I chose a garnet-colored top, because I knew she wanted to be a well-dressed Seminole. I think it suits her very well.

Little Miss M was kicking last night but I couldn't tell if I was feeling her or if it was just my own pulse. But she's definitely doing well because TEM is growing... and glowing!


D and I had hoped to make it up to TN earlier this year for homecoming with GE and BJE. I was supposed to make GE a peanut butter pie and he was supposed to teach me to juggle. But our plans fell through. I chose not to bring a pie, I made him peanut butter balls instead. And so, after dinner and presents (at 11PM at night), GE gave me a juggling lesson. It certainly did wake us up! I think D had fun trying to capture my klutziness on camera.



I only did one successful pass with all three balls (in an hour)! These bean bags were a little big for my hands. We'll find some smaller ones for me to practice with. I started to get a headache from leaning over constantly to pick them up off of the floor. But I had a fabulous time!

No comments: