Sunday, November 15, 2009

11.15.2009

Finally bought myself a new pair of trainers. They were on sale at Kohl's and I had a $10 coupon, so they were a steal! And since the swoosh is teal, they automatically match everything in my wardrobe!

It was such a beautiful day and so warm outside. D and I decided to break-in my shoes and go for a walk in the neighborhood. D took me down the road where he sometimes sees ducks when he rides his bike. There's a nice little farm there. The owner was outside. He waved to us, we waved back and then he waved us over. So then he showed us his barn, his ducks and geese and his farm pond. He's got a beautiful little parcel of land. It's not that often you find such friendly and open people these days, who just invite folks in off the street. And he told us to come over anytime we care to. I wanted to pet the horses, but didn't. I did however, give some love to the cat who came over to say hello. D says he needs to get some fishing gear! So it was a delightful walk, we really enjoyed it.

Another ear ache today. I hate being on Sudafed, it interferes with my sleep, but when the seasons change it becomes a necessary evil.

In NaNoWriMo news...
I've been word waring with Storeetllr off and on all day long. She actually beat me at 3PM. We're going again at 6PM. It's been great for my word count but for the most part, I'm writing drivel. Just one of those days. I did enjoy writing the scene where Jack kisses Lis, it's one of my favorite scenes. I didn't get it completed in the 30 minute block so I'll have to go back and finish it. Of course D volunteered to inspire me, should I need it. He's so supportive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is "Lis" pronounced like "Liz", or otherwise? just wondering... your Sun afternoon sounded very relaxing & peaceful. I took Sudafed past several seasons, but no good for me most recently. then Marilyn mentioned Claritin-D, 24 hr., non-drowsy (which is non-script, but you have to get direct from pharmicist, show ID, sign for, etc. it's really worked wonders for me. usually off it by now, but guess with all our still "warm weather", still taking it. problem is, max amount I can buy is 15-count. get from Albertson's at $9.99 (cheapest I found) for their generic. so basically $20 for a month supply. have a wonder Monday/week! luv you much! xxoo