Saturday, November 14, 2009

11.14.2009

Got some excellent news from LRL. He has been hired on at Share! We are so excited for him.

I didn't sleep last night at all. A combination of too much caffeine and an ear ache kept me awake well into this morning. D and I grocery shopped this afternoon and I had a milkshake from Chik-Fil-A. That usually seems to help, so we'll see if I can rest tonight.

In NaNoWriMo news....
I wrote the cemetery scene last night and I'm pleased with how it went. Finally named Kyle's folks... Nathan and Madeleine. Nathan projects solidness and strength to me, which is what you want in a doctor. I chose Madeleine because it calls to mind an image of a woman who has a bit of worldliness about her. I have Lis's "uncles" attend the funeral. I realized I hadn't mentioned them much so it gave me the opportunity to do so.
I also made Lis a Big Sister. I figured it would help round out her character if she was a mentor and given her own upbringing, it seems like something she would do. I named the Little Sister Maria, she's a farm worker's daughter and Lis helps her with her English. I never thought about Lis's language skills before but Spanish makes sense as she grew up in LA. It also balances out Amy and Jack, who are of French descent.
I'm behind on my word count. RidgewayGirl has been down with the flu so we haven't been having our nightly word wars. I've been trying to get one started with my buddy Storeetllr but she's out in California so we've been struggling with the time difference. We're going to try and have our war tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully a good night's rest and some competition tomorrow will get me back up where I need to be.

No comments: