Monday, November 16, 2009

11.16.2009

Didn't get but about two hours of rest last night. I still have an ear ache. D does too. Like an ice pick to the head. It's very annoying. Especially so because it was a beautiful day. Somehow if the weather is bad and I feel bad, I don't mind as much. But this afternoon was so gorgeous. I almost wanted to swing around in circles like Julie Andrews on that mountainside. Only I was in an asphalt parking lot at work. It kind of kills the mood. Today was day#1 without the boss. He won't be back until after Thanksgiving. I can only hope to retain my sanity.

In NaNoWriMo news....
I caught up to and passed elbakerone's word count just as she challenged me to do! I didn't think it was possible at the time and I harbor no delusions - she'll pile it on later tonight and leave me in the dust. So I'm throwing my victory party now. Sometimes you have to celebrate the little things.
Mom asked if 'Lis' was pronounced like 'Liz' and it is. Lis doesn't like to spell it 'Liz' because everyone assumes she is an Elizabeth and she's not. Lis is short for Alison and it's also for her alter-ego, Melissa. I'm considering changing it to Liz anyway. Not so much because more than person has asked me about it, but because spellchecker keeps trying to change it to 'Lisp'. And that is just intolerable.

No comments: