The other day I was praying while on the treadmill (yes, I do that) and I realized that I had called David 'D' in my prayer. At first I felt so stupid but then I thought, 'God knows who you meant'. It was just so shocking to me that 'D' had penetrated my psyche that deeply. David and I had a good laugh about it when I shared with him over dinner that evening.
I started using initials on my blog instead of names for two reasons. 1) I didn't know if people wanted their names on the internet and 2) it's faster.
I think David likes being D. He does a really good imitation of Gary Oldman in Dracula, too.
1 comment:
I like the initial. It's literary device like E. A. Poe would use (i.e. Madame L. a landlady or Msr. G--- prefect of police) or Japanese characters ("L" from DeathNote and of course "D").
I kind of enjoy being just "D".
Plus, it's nice to know you're praying for me. Thank you, Sweetie. I love you.
---"D"
Post a Comment