Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mice on Main & Lunch in Paris

When we left church I couldn't help but notice what an absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous day the Lord gave us today. I could not bear to be indoors so I convinced D to take me to downtown G'ville again (third time this week).
Back in June a friend told me about Mice on Main. They're 9 bronze mice stationed on a 9-block stretch of Main street. They're not really hidden but they're so tiny they're not that easy to spot. I found the clues to their locations online. Some of the hints are pure giveaways, it is meant for children, after all.
We spotted about five other families mouse-hunting as well. We were all very identifiable: clutching our cameras and clues, hunched over looking at the ground, pointing when we found one. One time a family was right behind us. We didn't want to spoil it for the kids so when we found the mouse we just kept on walking until they spotted it and then doubled back.


The easiest one, of course, was Mickey. He's the first one and he's right out in the open on the Hyatt's fountain.


Minnie & Mickey Jr.



Mikey & Miss Miney



Melissa & Mitch



Aunt Mifflin & Uncle Miles



It was such a pretty day. I just wanted to bottle it up so that I could have it on the cold blustery days to come. After we had captured all 9 mice (on camera) we ate outside at the Paris Cafe. D had a chicken crepe. I had a ham and brie sandwich with apple slices on it. I was a very happy girl. And D made me happier by buying me desert at Carolina Chocolates.



Today was good for my soul.

1 comment:

Mark A Beasley said...

you are so beautiful... I wish I could have some of the adventures you take... you guys have some real life changing moments every week don't you? I wish I could be with you on a Sunday and take a stroll and just talk all day... I miss you so much, I love you so much and just never forget it! Thank you for your posts... it makes me very happy each afternoon to read about your day! Tell D I said hello and hope to see him soon as well.

Love marky