Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Waterfall Retrospective

Preparing for our upcoming hike made me think about the other waterfalls I've been to. I can't remember seeing any before going to live in TN. These pictures are streaky... we need a new scanner!

Abrams Falls - Cades Cove, TN 1994
D and I did a lot of hiking during our dating years. We were spoiled living so close to the Smokies. We actually did this hike more than once. Some parts are challenging. D says this is one of his favorite pictures of me. It's one of my favorites too.



Ruby Falls - Chattanooga TN 1997
We did the trip to Chattanooga for our anniversary. We visited the Aquarium, the Incline Railroad, Lookout Mountain and of course, Ruby Falls. Walking through that cavern awakened a desire in me to do more caving. Hopefully we'll get to do Mammoth Cave in the near future.




Anna Ruby Falls - Helen, GA 1998 or 1999
We did this hike with LRL and BBL after moving to G'ville. Good times. See those smiles? We need to do more picnics.



Hickory Nut Falls - Chimney Rock, NC 2007
D and I did this trip for our anniversary. What I remember most is getting overheated and really woozy right before we came upon the falls. I laid down on a picnic table bench for a few minutes. I could not capture the entire falls in one frame but I took dozens of shots trying to! Here's D at the base of the falls. I was not brave enough to get out on those wet rocks.

No comments: