Finally a three-day weekend - feels like it's been forever since we've had more than two days off. Managed to sleep late despite Alex's caterwauling for breakfast. Laid out in the hammock for awhile, working on my tan. Spoke with MD for 90 minutes! I enjoyed her company very much, but then again, I always do. Yesterday D and I picked up a small sirloin so today we grilled it for steak sandwiches. I even had a Shirley Temple. For dessert D made milkshakes from Moosetracks icecream. It was a very satisfying meal, though not very traditional.
Gathered up quite a few things for Goodwill/Salvation army. Probably take them tomorrow.
Still reading WWII fiction in preparation for NaNoWriMo. This afternoon I finished Stonekiller and tonight I began The 6th Lamentation. Both are so-so. Occupied France is becoming more tangible to me now. Little things have begun to regularly pop up in my dreams at night. I hope I have assimilated enough of it to write convincingly in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment