Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bike Riding!

Today we took a load to the thrift store and then went to Wal-Mart to pick up a bike pump. D's tire went flat earlier this week. We finally found a water bottle that will fit into the treadmill's cup holder! It has a freezer insert and it only cost.... 30 cents! Which made up for having to set foot into Wal-Mart in the first place.

After the mid-day rain shower it was simply beautiful outside. I decided that it was time to try to ride my bike again. I've been putting it off for too long. But the last episode didn't go so well and I felt like fool in front of the whole neighborhood. We drove up to Bryson Middle School and rode our bikes in the parking lot. D was very patient with me and I really enjoyed our time out there. I still don't feel comfortable with the gears, but I plan to practice more in the next month because we're taking the bikes to the beach.

No comments: