Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The 'Back At Work' Blues

Blech. I have no work ethic today. Yesterday I worked like a dog trying to catch up after four days off. Everything was a mess. I was completely worn out.
Last night D and I just slumped on the couch and watched more X-files episodes. I can't wait to see the movie next month. I told D that I felt like we were dating again because we watched the X-files in my dorm room at C-N. I guess that means we can have a second honeymoon while we're at the beach in August!

Harvested two red bell peppers out of the garden. They're very sweet but they're not as thick-walled as the ones from the supermarket. The tomatoes are continuing to ripen. I think I'll make some homemade pasta sauce this weekend. Maybe. It's hard for me to get excited about hot food in the summer time. Of course, last night out of the blue I had a craving for pot roast. Go figure.

Ever since Randy casually mentioned that we will be singing God is Our Refuge and Strength on Sunday, it has been marching through my head and I can't get it out! Granted, it's one of my top five favorite choir anthems, but it's very distracting. So powerful... warrior choir! Randy always tells us not to look quite so serious while we sing but it's hard to smile and sing that type of music. I can't wait to hear it in the new "worship center".

Walked 3 miles (incline 5).

Continuing my WWII themed read, I started Ken Follet's Jackdaws tonight. It's been a little slow so far. I'm hoping it will pick up.

No comments: