As DM was introducing me around on my first day of the job, people kept asking which "desk" I was going to work - meaning which product I was going to support (bubble, specialty materials, foam, etc). DM kept saying "we don't know yet" or "we're cross-training her", things like that. So, I know that I'm an "unlimited term" temporary or "contract" employee and she's saying that they don't know where I'm going to go. I had a small niggling worry that first afternoon.
So, Second day. DM is going over a power-point presentation on Instapack (chemical foam) when the boss asks that I come to the conference room. So I get there and it's the boss and four other ladies, one of whom I sat with on Monday. I sit down and the boss launches into this whole spiel about how he's been wanting to create a Floater position for a couple of years and now that they're shuffling the staff around (due to an acquisition) he finally has the opportunity. I'm beginning to think 'it's me! They don't know what desk I"ll be working because I'm the floater." And then the boss announces the floater is the lady I sat with on Monday. Then he says Victoria will be taking (her) spot in the Consumer group. Well, I could have done handstands at that very moment. They have a specific spot they want to train me for - which sounds like they want to keep me. Also, I like what she does. She is dedicated to their single biggest customer and she also does government contracts (which I've had experience with).
When I spoke with the lady later in the day in the break room, she said the boss was very impressed with me during my interview, particularly with my attention to detail. I really didn't think the interview was that fantastic, but I guess he got more out of it than I did. Now I need to live up to his faith in my abilities! It motivates and encourages me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is going so good! You won't be a temp long! And yes, you DO pay attention to detail!
Post a Comment