Monday, March 5, 2012

3.5.2012


Didn't sleep much at all last night. I was awake around 4:30AM, so excited about my new job! Took along the black satchel Mom gave me a few years ago and my new lunch box.

Why yes, that is a crocodile hanging from my bag!


So my first day was meeting a lot of people. My head is swimming with faces. And acronyms. I think Sealed Air has more acronyms than GE did, and that's saying something!

This afternoon they handed over a laptop and backpack. The backpack has like, 20 pockets in it and though my picture is really dark, it has the company logo on it. I'm supposed to take my laptop home every day. There will be some days I am told to work from home and of course, I can work from home if the weather is bad or if I'm ill. I've been trying to get GE to let me work from home for years and it never happened...



So, they don't know exactly which product line I will be specializing in, although it will be with the Packaging group. Most likely cross-training in Bubblewrap and Instapack. Tomorrow I get to actually train on the product.

I was told today I am the only temp for the group, although the Food division is mostly temps. I felt that it was a positive thing that there's not much turnover in Packaging, although I hope that doesn't mean it's harder to find a permanent slot.

And here's the kicker. My trainer, DM, is from Melbourne. She want to Eau Gallie. In fact, we graduated in the same class - 1992. Amazing. We both were a little freaked out by that. In fact, I thought - okay, God, you're a very funny guy! I'm going to try to convince D to get my yearbook down from the attic so I can take it in tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "professonal" attire! that's a good shade of blue for you. have a woinderful rest-of-the-week! was good talking with you. xxoo

HymnSinger said...

Wow! This is really sounding more and more like a God thing, isn't it!