Poor crocodile, I've been neglecting you. I haven't felt like blogging. Here is what's been going on lately:
A little over two weeks ago a member of D's handbell group (and the sanctuary choir) asked me for a copy of my resume. I hadn't tweaked it yet, I was waiting on the seminar they had scheduled at work. I wanted a professional to give me pointers before I messed it all up. But, I went ahead and briefly updated it. It was pathetic in my eyes but I gave it to her anyway. She told D that I would be receiving a call to set up an interview with her son-in-law and I did. The interview was two Wednesdays ago. I hadn't interviewed in 14 years and I was a wreck inside. Self-confidence has never been one of my strengths. I arrived early, sat out in the car praying and playing worship songs on my iPod to get me in the right state of mind. As I walked inside I tried to be at peace with the fact things would go however God's plan needed them to go. At the very least this would be good experience for job hunting. I actually had two sessions that day back-to-back, two managers in the first and three managers in the second. At first my heart was hammering in my chest but it settled down pretty quickly. After the interviews I had to fill out an application and my hand shook so hard my handwriting was messy. I didn't have references ready so I had to text D for some of the info. But that was okay, it was over. I thought it went well, but told myself they were professional customer service people, they can smile and nod at anyone.
Last Wednesday they called and made me an offer. The money is right where it needs to be. The logistics of our one-car-household are going to be interesting but they want me to start in March. It's a temp-to-hire position, that's the way they do it. Every newbie stays temp until a permanent leaves and then all the temps can apply for that position. I'm told that's common these days. The temp company does have insurance, not great, but at least it will be something. I can stay on D's insurance until the shutdown or until he gets another position. If it doesn't work out, I was going to be out of a job in May anyway.
So, it's not perfect, but God doesn't promise us perfect. I feel that it came together in a way that could only be the Lord. I sent out one resume, got an interview and then an offer. A friend from church, who works in HR, says that just doesn't happen in today's economy. For years I've been feeling a little stagnant in my life and I've been asking God to give me the next move forward. I'm trusting by faith that this it.
Starting March 5th, I'll be doing customer service for: Sealed Air. Now I'm just wrapping up all the loose ends at work so I can leave everything in the best possible position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you've been on my mind. wanted to phone you last weekend, but my cell isn't working properly (person can't hear me), was at Jason's Fri-Mon. I'm in Bible study Tu & Wed, know you have B.S & church also. we will talk soon... luv you much!!
That is certainly good news. Definitely has all the earmarks of a God thing. One resume, one day for interviews, cash is right, etc.. Now to work on your husband!
Sealed Air is a good company that has been around a long time. Y'all might need to think about a second vehicle: nothing fancy just point A to point B kinda ride!
Post a Comment