I was really, really attached to my Nano and it took a lot of considering before I sent it in. I heard they were sending re-done first generations as a swap and my first gen was perfectly fine. I had never had a day of trouble with it. What if they sent me the smaller size that didn't hold as much music? What if it was a different color - hot pink or something? I really grappled with the decision. But being the over-imaginative person I am, I envisioned the battery 'exploding' and burning down the house or burning my face, etc and so I finally sent it off. In a free, postage-prepaid envelope, no less!
And today I received my replacement Nano. Turns out it's not a first gen, It's a sixth gen!

It's plain metallic and not hot pink like I feared. And I'm told it has an integrated pedometer on it, so now I can get a wristband and take it on neighborhood walks. I rarely took my first gen because most of my active-wear doesn't have pockets.
Once again I can say that I am truly impressed with Apple, Inc. I do really enjoy their products, personally owning two laptops, an ipod and an iphone, but it is their service which really makes them shine. I've worked in the repair department of a computer manufacturer for nearly 14 years and this level of service just amazes me. At work we require even warranty returns to pay their own freight. My Nano was out of warranty and I didn't pay a single penny throughout the entire process. Apple will continue to have my loyalty, that's for certain.
No comments:
Post a Comment