Monday, October 3, 2011

10.3.2011

I did my monthly 'reality check' with my walking goal earlier today. The magic number is 1000 and I've accomplished 683 so far. That means I have 317 miles to go with 90 days left in the year. I must do an average of 3.5 miles each day to meet my goal. That's certainly within my reach but there's not much room for a day off! I took too many of those earlier in the year and this is where it has lead (for instance, when I started in January I only had to average 2.7 miles a day). I've been careful to take precautions when I feel the plantar fasciitis flare up and I've tried to be more mindful and listen to my muscles because I want to stave off any injuries. I still feel that I'm in a good position to accomplish 1000 miles this year.

Next year I intend to focus more on mat work and weights (with repetitions) because I'm really weak in those areas.

No comments: