Thursday, September 29, 2011

9.29.2011

Last night at choir practice RK gave us a small preview of our Christmas musical. He played one full song and parts of two others. One of those fragments has already played in my head all day long. It's quite catchy. I volunteered to help make listening CDs and was handed the Tenor copy. So, technically, I could listen to the entire production right now but I'm not going to. I have learned from past experience...

When I was little, Daddy sang The Messiah with a choir of about 300 people. One of my fondest heirlooms is his sheet music with his part highlighted. I have always loved singing The Messiah and that's in no small part because of him. I'm sure it is because, even though I'm a Soprano, I have a tendency to sing the Tenor part. I have to concentrate really hard not to come in on the Tenor entrances. Which is exactly why I've refrained from listening to the Tenor CD of this program! My curiosity will just have to wait until our workshop on Sunday when I'll get a Soprano copy. It's only a few days, I can make it...

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

HALLELUJAH!!!

(That was part of the Tenor line in The Messiah, couldn't you tell?)