Friday, August 5, 2011

8.5.2011

D and I have been trying to use some of our accrued vacation time. We decided to work a half-day today, only instead of having the afternoon off as we usually do, we took the morning instead. We slept late (well, as late as Elora would let us). We ran a few errands and then D took me to lunch at Sweet Basil, which has become one of my favorite places. I haven't gotten up the nerve to try their curries yet. I'm such a wimp about Thai food because even their mildest spice makes my nose run like a faucet. But that's okay, I don't need to be adventurous in order to enjoy it. Their lemongrass tea and Amanda Chicken make me very happy.


I also stumbled across the most darling video of a Mariachi band serenading a Beluga whale and I haven't been able to stop smiling since. As D pointed out, it's a catchy tune they're playing too. I think he should bring his trumpet along the next time we visit the Georgia Aquarium.

No comments: