I've been tracking in a lot of dirt and grit. I don't know if these floor mats are darker than the previous ones, or what, but I notice it all the time. My side of the driveway doesn't have much room and I often walk on dirt, or mud, littered with acorns, leaves and I'm sure other things.
So, last week I casually mentioned to D that I would like to look at stepping stones at Lowe's. Nothing fancy, just something to keep me out of the muck. To my surprise, D was completely on-board with idea, even though he knew it would mean work for him (most of my projects generally do). I chose the most basic of their offerings and for less than $10 we were out the door.
First we raked up all the leaves, sticks and acorns. We set the stones out and walked them, deciding if we had them too close together or too far apart, etc.
Then D began the arduous task of placing the stones down in the ground. During the dig he found all kinds of tree roots and half a brick (!) but with his trusty mattock, he prevailed. He did a lovely job. It was so nice not to get my heels dirty this morning on the way to church.
Before & After
1 comment:
July 20th - a Happy 13th Birthday Fini!!! (since I know you rarely look at your facebook)
Post a Comment