Happy St. Swithin's Day!
No, I'm not familiar with it either. I mean, I wasn't until this week. I read a book, an English?British? novel, in which St. Swithin's Day (July 15th) features quite prominently. I actually had three books by British?English? authors going this week, and only just realized it now. Anyway, I finished the book - purposefully - on July 15th because, well, because I like to do stuff like that. The legend says "St. Swithin's day if thou dost rain for forty days it will remain; St. Swithin's day if thou be fair for forty days 'twill rain nae mair." So, either forty days of wet or forty days of dry. What weather do we have today? Definitely rain. I doubt we'll see rain every day for the next forty. Well, maybe if we count those brief afternoon cloudbursts. Even so, I still love old English tales.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment