Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3.16.2011

I just haven't had the energy to blog lately. In addition to work, I've been at church or at church-related activities five days in a row.

Saturday my biblestudy group (and a few husbands) prepared a taco/nacho feast for sixty teenagers who attend a monthly support-group at our church. It was crazy fun. Well, I'm not sure D had fun making 15 gallons of tea, but it was for a great cause and it left us with a good feeling.

Sunday was a performance by D's handbell group. Not only did we get home late the night before, and lose sleep from the time change, we had to come early to set up the tables then tear them down and set them back up in the rehearsal room. The group did really well and D received several compliments.

Monday was FBC's Zumba class. I haven't been going because I prefer to just workout in my living room instead of driving all that way but our MofM's wife (who's in my biblestudy & choir) invited my doctor (who is in D's bell group & orchestra) to attend and she asked me to come and keep her accountable. She gave me good marks during my checkup for exercise so there was no way I could say no to her. We all showed up and sweated and had fun.

Tuesday my biblestudy group met for dinner to discuss how Saturday's lunch went and to decide on our next study. The study topic itself is still open but we did agree that since all of us are also involved in the Easter musical, we'll wait until after Easter to start it. We also talked about having a 'family' get-together later this month, possibly bowling. I'm excited!

Wednesday will be my return to choir. Several members have been really faithful in asking me to come back as a regular. They worked me over good this past weekend so I agreed, as a compromise, to participate in the Easter musical. Hopefully since it's a short period of time the rehearsals won't bother me like they normally do - the insomnia, the back pains, etc.

I told D that we were going to have to move to S'ville to be closer to FBC if I was going to keep up this pace!

No comments: