Friday, January 28, 2011

1.28.2011

I've had a blast reading for the 11-11 Challenge this month. The holidays and the snowdays have given me ample opportunity to engage in my hobby. I've finished 17 books so far and that is a record month for me! I should finish at least one more, maybe two, depending on how fast my next audiobook goes. I'm excited about it because it will be on a Playaway, a digital audio player with some features that make it user-friendly for audiobooks. I was surprised that our library loans them out but when I discovered the price of audiobooks I realized the players might be more budget-friendly for them.

I've got f-o-u-r tandem/group reads starting February 1st. One is Literary Fiction, one is a Mystery and two are Romances (for Valentine's Day). The group is so diverse that I can find a buddy for just about anything I'm in the mood to read. I love browsing all their reading journals, it's almost an education in itself. It makes me happy to bond with people over books.

No comments: