The covered outdoor pool at our facility was great. The cover didn't provide shade exactly but it took the intensity off the sunshine. I'm not an afternoon beach or pool person but one day we were out around 1:30 - 2:00 and I was fine. Another thing I liked about this pool, that I haven't seen anywhere else, is that the shallow/deep ends were length-wise instead of width-wise. You could do an entire lap of the pool at the five-foot depth!
D finally got to go fishing. He had been waiting for an opportunity for some time. We went at low-tide on the Sound side and also at high-tide on the Sound/Marsh point. He caught several crabs but no fish. Occasionally we'd see the dolphins, so we knew fish were there, just not interested in D's line. One time he pulled up two crabs, fighting over the same piece of shrimp!
While D was fishing, I enjoyed several books (although I only photographed one).
The resort had free on-site mini-golf. D and I always try and find a mini-golf place while we are on vacation, particularly at the beach, so it worked out perfectly for us. The course was no-frills and although it was clearly aging, it was neatly maintained. Our balls constantly bumped each other, as if they had magnets in them or something. It was like playing croquet instead of golf.
We spent hours just chilling out in our suite and it was wonderful to be a vegetable. We don't have cable at home, so we took full advantage of both of the TVs in the suite. We always enjoy The Travel Channel and The Discovery Channel and, of course, Food Network.

Designed to Sell was very interesting and we tried to take mental notes of what things the designers mentioned as undesirable so that we could apply it to our own home once we are ready to move.

We watched so many episodes of Man v. Food that I'm almost embarrassed to admit it - but the food looked SO GOOD! He is a very entertaining host too. I felt bad about the amount of food that is wasted every day in these food "challenges". What must people around the world think of us Americans when they see shows like this?

Our anniversary usually coincides with Shark Week and it's become tradition for us to watch it if the room we're staying in has cable. As we took our vacation a few weeks after our anniversary this year, River Monsters was a nice substitute.
Nearly every evening we went for a sunset walk and that is one of my fondest memories of our trip. I love taking long walks with D.
No comments:
Post a Comment