Thursday, August 5, 2010

8.5.2010

I've been on the Metformin for a week, tonight. I have not had any nausea and no GI "upset" either. I did have stomach cramping most of the day Sunday, but only mild episodes since and only one charley-horse. I've come through pretty well, I think.

Of course, I have been a very, very good girl. I've stayed off the sugar and white starches and fried foods (with the exception of one waffle fry) . I did have 4oz of grape-cherry juice today because I was craving it. But most of my meals have been on target. I'm still dreaming of a waffle with whipped cream and bananas but I want to be healthier more.

I was tired of broccoli so tonight I went for carrots. Came across a million recipes for Honey Carrots, which are a no-go. Finally found a suitable candidate... Steamed Carrots with Garlic-Ginger Butter Glaze. It was very different than what we're used to but we still managed to eat every one!

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

A very nice looking plate!