For our anniversary dinner I made a reservation at The Brown Street Club in downtown G'ville. D had no idea where I was taking him. They called the house to confirm our plans but D said it sounded like 'Bouncer Club' so he was still in the dark. I was so excited about finding a place that had live jazz. I knew he'd love it. I made our reservation for 7PM, which is a late dinner for us, but I wanted to make sure the musicians had started their set by the time we walked through the doors, for full effect.D picked out and purchased a dress for me to wear for the evening. It's royal purple, simple and elegant, and I felt so beautiful walking down the street with him. I only wish we had managed to get someone to take a picture of us.
The club has good atmosphere. We sat in one of the horseshoe booths on the side. I felt like the Bogarts must have felt at Romanoffs, which was just the vibe I was looking for.
There was no band playing when we arrived, just a DVD of a Ray Charles concert - where he played saxophone in addition to piano! Our server, which we believe was one of the owners, informed us that the band wouldn't start until 9:30. He 'didn't have the budget' for an opening act. Major bummer!We started off with crab fritters. I had the rib eye and D had the spare ribs. When the rib eye became too fatty for me, D graciously switched entrees and I polished off his ribs. They were so good. The waiter did not believe that we had been married for 15 years. He gave us dessert on the house and we chose the lemon cheesecake. It was all tasty. If there had a live band playing, it would have been perfect.

When we got home there were flowers waiting for me on the porch. They were supposed to be delivered to me at work. Apparently the van didn't get to work until 4PM in the afternoon, at which point, we were gone for the day. D had called the florist when they hadn't shown up that morning but the office said the driver left his cell phone there and so they couldn't reach him. D told them to redeliver them to the house and he was hoping the driver would arrive before we left for dinner around 6:30, but he didn't make it in time. They seemed to fair pretty well out in the heat. They remind me so much of our wedding colors, so beautiful. Elora, like any girl, has been besotted with them. I've been keeping them locked up in the bathroom at night so she won't eat them.
No comments:
Post a Comment