Monday, April 19, 2010

4.19.2010

D and I are still in Salisbury. Grandma continues to cling to life. We don't know how she is doing it. I wish she would go ahead and let go and be at peace. I got some rest last night but I'm still very tired. Well, the whole family is just exhausted. The lady in the room next door calls us The Waltons because there are so many of us here. I'm glad Grandma is surrounded by love.

The hospice is just a beautiful place. There's a lake with geese. Grandma's room is right next to a solarium with plants. It's a nice place to sit and rest. It's cold here. I'm so glad we repacked with warmer clothes. Even with those, we are still cold.

When we're not at the hospice, we've been staying with Aunt Sharon and Uncle Russ. Their cat, Smokey, has been making me feel at home. LRL and BBL are here too. It's comforting just to have family around.

What a road trip D and I had! In about 37 hours we traveled 1100 miles in 6 states. The driving itself was about 20 hours. Turns out we live halfway between Mom and D's Grandmom. From Melbourne to Fountain Inn is 552 miles. Fountain Inn to Salisbury is 561 miles. I am so glad we rented a car. I don't know that the Kia could have handled the stress.







No comments: