Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2.3.2010

Well, after a very frustrating evening (and morning) I called in to work and stayed home: reading, napping and relaxing with the fuzzies. But I'm still so ticked off at that hunk of metal out in the driveway. I'm not shaking with fury anymore, which is a good thing. Last night while I was on the phone with TEM and D, my hands were just shaking like a leaf. It's a good thing that petting an animal lowers your blood pressure!

I have tried everything everyone has suggested and I still cannot get the Kia to start. I have tried my key, both directions. I have tried the valet key, both directions. I have wrenched the steering wheel back and forth and shaken the steering column. I made sure I was stepping on the break. I made sure the gear shaft was firmly in park. The key won't engage, it won't budge. Not even using two hands. I have an abrasion on my finger where the teeth of the key dug in, I was pushing it so hard. Nothing works. Not even prayers or tears.

But it's going to be okay, because D will be home tonight. He just called to let me know he was on his way. And we'll see if he can work some mojo on the car. And if not, well, he can deal with the car mechanic.

No comments: