Monday, February 1, 2010

2.1.2010

D and I enjoyed playing at being snowbound this weekend. In actuality the snow didn't even fully cover the grass. We always have a milder version of G'ville's weather, almost like there's some kind of invisible weather shield hanging over I85 that stops it from coming our way. FBC canceled services on Sunday so we got to sleep late both days. I was just thankful that our power stayed on.

Part of the reason I started my Tuesday night bible study was to force myself to get out and drive solo. I guess God thought after three weeks it wasn't much of a challenge for me anymore, because He threw me a curveball today. David was sent to do some training in North Carolina. I had to drive him to the airport to pick up the rental car and then find my way back home. I chose to stick to the backroads because I'm still too much of a basketcase on the interstate.

Afterwards I desperately needed comfort food. For dinner I had country fried chicken with sawmill gravy and mashed potatoes with brown gravy. With bread. To my credit, I had carrots too. I eat when I'm unhappy so I hope I don't gain too much before D gets back on Wednesday night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

comfort food's allowed when you need it. I think it's especially ok when you realize that's what you're doing. [at least that's what I tell myself when I'm eating cake for breakfast!]

xxoo