Saturday, January 16, 2010

1.16.2010

Over the past couple of months D and I have casually browsed furniture stores in the G'ville area, keeping our eyes open for couches. Our present couch is over a dozen years old and we are ready to replace it. Like many couples on a budget, we have browsed the IKEA catalog but it's really difficult to visualize such a large item from a color photograph. So today we drove to Charlotte to see their selection in person.


I've heard that going to IKEA for the first time is a little like going to Vegas - shellshock. There was certainly a lot to look at. The warehouse is huge! We examined so many couches and took pictures of plenty. I don't have the energy to post them all. One of our favorites was this one, which pulls out to make a bed. Now we have a good idea of what they have to offer.


At lunch time we decided to eat at their cafe. They had really decent prices. Of course, we couldn't come to a Swedish store and not have the meatball plate! Everything tasted wonderful. The meatballs were so light. The potatoes were heaven. The apple pie had a 'fresh apple' taste to it. It was really, really good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi love, I don't remember ever hearing about IKEA until just recently with frequent TV ads. guess I'll have to look them up on the web. and BTW pls tell "Mr.GQ" I really love his model pose on the couch! this particular couch appears more contemporary than I would have picked for you - are you branching out more in your "youthful" aging years?

xxoo