Well, they installed yet another thermostat in my office today. The good news is that the compressor responds to it. The bad news is that the freon needs to be charged. Using the temperature gun they were able to determine that the warmest air it was producing was 68 degrees. Once he gets approval to pay for the freon, I'll be nice and toasty!
While they were working on that, one of the guys was making conversation with me. He made the remark that I was only using one monitor instead of the two (or three) most of our office workers have. I didn't respond that no one had offered me a second monitor, or that IT had stolen the one originally designated for me. I just let it ride. Then he said the most amazing thing. He said there were plenty of flat monitors next door since they laid off our engineering staff. I hadn't even thought of that. So, D and I went next door and (with IT approval) took a flat monitor to my office. So, now I have two monitors. It's sweet! But now that I'm at home on my laptop, I feel quite diminutive.
D and I stopped by Whole Foods on the way home and bought the ingredients necessary for our special meal tomorrow. And flowers..... these mini-tulips are so pretty and cheerful. I think they are just the thing to set off TEM's vase.
We had planned a family get-together tonight with party food and games but BBL is under the weather. I certainly hope she recovers quickly. Guess I'll have to eat more of that spinach dip. Darn!
No comments:
Post a Comment