After breakfast I walked a bit on the treadmill and talked to Mom. She sent me a beautiful pendant for my birthday. When I saw it, I realized that she's gotten to know my taste in jewelry pretty well! I love the symbolism in it too.
I tried out the lipstick that BBL gave me last night and I love the color. I'll have to buy more from her before she's all out of it. D's present was a beautiful argyle cashmere sweater. I picked it out in the store so I knew what it was. But he still wrapped it for me. It is so very soft. Now I know what all the buzz about cashmere is.
I made some wassail, chilled out dancing and listening to Christmas music and spent some time online. So many friends and family sent greetings and well wishes to me today. I don't remember it being like that last year, even though I was on Facebook then.
When TEM and RDM arrived we decorated the tree, which I enjoyed. I hate decorating the tree by myself. The more the merrier. At least until I dropped an angel and she shattered - my very first fatality. D quickly whisked the corpse away and we continued on.
TEM and RDM gave me a tea chest, something I've never had before. I love drinking tea at work during the winter, especially since my office is so cold. It will be such fun to select my tea from the case every morning. It smells good too.
I really wanted to have my birthday dinner at Brick Street Cafe in downtown G'ville, it's so pretty inside. The guy I spoke with on the phone yesterday said they were open for dinner today. But when we arrived we learned that they were completely booked with Christmas parties. The host who turned us away was so very gracious. He wished me a Happy Birthday and gave me a free muffin from the bakery. He also took a group photo for us.
We finally ended up at Flat Rock to eat. We asked if we could sit by the fire and they accommodated us! My pictures turned out so dark. TEM and I had steak and mashed potatoes. D had ribs and chicken and vegetables (I'm so proud of him). RDM had chicken and potatoes and potatoes. Well fortified with dinner, we braved the cold and took a horse-drawn carriage ride through FI to see the lighted houses. Our horse was named Samson and he let us pet him a little. He liked TEM's hair. We came back to the car and enjoyed our warm wassail. It made the car smell great too! I think I'll take the remaining wassail in a thermos tomorrow to TubaChristmas.
I felt so special today and very loved and very humbled. I'm grateful for family and friends. It was a lovely day.
1 comment:
I missed it, but happy birthday! It sounds like you had a great day.
Post a Comment