Saturday, November 28, 2009

11.28.2009

I was too exhausted to blog last night. We had a very full day and I was running on very little sleep.

After breakfast we took Aunt S to see Paris Mountain. The weather was just beautiful. I think she and I are kindred spirits when it comes to picture taking. But for some reason, I only took one photograph yesterday. I was a little car sick and very, very exhausted. I had between 3-4 hours of sleep in 48 hours.


BBL and LRL had us over for sandwiches. It was the perfect light meal after the Thanksgiving feast we had the day before. Afterwards D and I spent some time showing Aunt S around Facebook while BBL, LRL and MCL played and watched a DVD.

After lunch we shopped a little, being Black Friday and all. Mast General store was crazy-busy and several people jostled and bumped and shoved me without bothering to excuse themselves. Maybe it was the lack of sleep or just the blatant rudeness, but it really rubbed me the wrong way. After a hug from D and the purchase of some chocolate-covered pretzels, I felt better.

Aunt S was very generous to us. As a house/thank you gift she bought us a three-piece set of mixing bowls and a batter bowl.



We also went to Bed Bath and Beyond. They have the neatest stuff and I had a coupon (and I always use my coupon). I've been reading that a satin pillowcase is better for your hair - and I need all the help I can get in that area - so she and I split a two-pack of satin pillowcases.

For dinner we went to the buffet at Chang An. We've been getting take-out recently, so we haven't seen their new tables and booths. It looks very nice. Aunt S tried to identify the mystery-flavor cake I always get for dessert but she couldn't tell what it was either. We agree that it's good, whatever it is! She asked if I had ever inquired as to what it is. I haven't. I usually don't have a good experience asking questions at a Chinese restaurant. But it's more than that. I think on some level I just enjoy the mystery.

After dinner Aunt S ran some errands and packed. D and I drove back into Greenville to see MRL, SFL and MCL. On the way back to FI, a herd of deer crossed the road in front of us. They looked almost like ghosts in the darkness, especially as they were coming from the cemetery. It was very spooky and unexpected and we were very fortunate not to hit them.

Aunt S said she had never seen Galaxy Quest, and as she is a big Trekkie, we couldn't let her leave without see it - so even though we were all tired, we watched it. Then we crashed. I slept all night through and woke feeling much, much better.

After freaking out over having a house full of guests on Wednesday, I don't know what persuaded me to invite everyone back over for breakfast on Saturday, but I did. And it all came together so easy and was so much fun. I had a blast. We used the new bowls Aunt S gave us to make waffles (the batter bowl is just awesome). We also fixed scrambled eggs and sausage. I made real whipped cream, which is so much better than Cool Whip, and so very easy. We all decided that, going forward, D will have to make waffles on family vacations.


We had one more photo opportunity before everyone left town.



After three days of holiday eating, D and I decided it was time to go back to the gym. We played a round of racquetball and then did our grocery shopping.

In the next 48 hours I have one goal - to finish NaNoWriMo. 5000 words.... I can do it!

2 comments:

HymnSinger said...

We're exhausted too, but in a very good way. We are so proud of you guys hosting like you did. I think that Sharon had a great time. You can bet Santa was watching and giving y'all extremely high marks on the good list!

HymnSinger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.