Friday, November 27, 2009

11.27.2009

I've only had about three hours of sleep in the last forty-eight hours. Just too much general excitement for me. I can't seem to rest. On the good side, I've had time to write. I'm at 45K. 5K to go!

We had seventeen people at the feast at Grandmothers! Having just hosted my own house full, I have a new respect for her and I told her so. I don't know how she does it several times every year. The turkey was so good. I don't know if I can wait for turkey prices to go back down. I want to go get one and pop it in the oven right now.

I have a new respect for baby photographers and well, just photographers in general. It's difficult to photograph a group. It took seven shots to get all the girls (four generations!).


The boys were more straight forward.


D had a blast playing with MCL.


I had my own brief twenty seconds with her before she was on the move again.


I have to say that my favorite parts of the day were the quieter times. We went to breakfast at church and had a nice time of reflection and fellowship. After days of gloomy clouds, the sun was shining bright, I stood out in the beautiful morning and called Mom for a little bit. And when I came back inside, Aunt S was busy playing the piano. She even played the song D wrote for me, which was very special.


Before bed, Aunt S retaught us how to play King's Corner, which we haven't played since 1996 or 1997 when Grandma taught us at Myrtle Beach. D whipped us both pretty good. I think we need to enter him in the King's Corner World Championship and see if he can win some prize money!

No comments: