Today we had more people at our little house then we've ever had before. A few years ago LRL and BBL started the tradition of a family soup gathering, generally to be eaten on Christmas Eve. This year MRL and SFL and MCL and Aunt S were all able to be here for Thanksgiving, so we decided to have a Thanksgiving Eve soup instead. Actually, we had two soups (MRL did Mushroom soup and Aunt S fixed Split Pea). And we cooked both soups at the same time! In my little kitchen! At one point, BBL was chopping onions, I was chopping potatoes, D was grating carrots and Aunt S was making dessert. We had some awesome energy going. It was exciting!
We finally got to meet MCL. She smiled and giggled a lot at us but we're not at the hold-me stage yet. Maybe tomorrow. She was absolutely fascinated with a old remote we had lying around. She seemed to think it was a cell phone. She's going to be a talker!
I am so thankful to Aunt S for taking this photo. As far as I'm aware, it is the only photo in existence of all of us together. How did we end up all boys and all girls?
SFL and I were so matchy-matchy with our glasses!
MRL and SFL gave me BOOKS for my birthday present! I've been buying most of my books second hand so it's been awhile since I've had absolutely brand new, never-before-read, mine-and-only-mine books from the bookstore. I've forgotten how intoxicating new books can be with that fresh ink smell and the absolutely pristine pages. They gave me Dracula the Un-Dead and also Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. I can't wait to read them!
Aunt S is staying with us for the remainder of the week. After everybody else went back to G'ville we got her settled in and then looked at pictures and scrapbooks. It was a nice, quiet time of fellowship and a lovely way to end the evening.
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving morning! love your very interesting blog & especially the pics! would love to have one of the "family" pic when convenient. sounds like you did have a very lovely evening... as usual, even tho I set my alarm for 7a, Baby decided to get on the top of my pillow about 4a, then finally got me up at 5:20a! so much for sleeping in...
luv,
xxoo
Post a Comment