Saturday, November 21, 2009

11.21.2009

D and I spent the morning doing housework. I dusted all the bookshelves and rearranged the books, which is quite an undertaking. I find handling and sorting my books to be very comforting. My To-Be-Read shelf, however, is embarrassing. I can only see the titles of a few books in the front row. I can maybe squeeze in three more books. I can't stop thinking about the 1010 Challenge, which I'm starting in January. I so very badly want to dive in.

This afternoon we dropped off our recyclables and went for a walk in the S'ville City park. So many people were there. We saw a football game, a basketball match, some dog-walkers and an astonishing number of people playing frisbee-golf. I never had any inkling it was that popular. I was a little concerned at being a pedestrian on the course, with all those frisbees flying around, but luckily we didn't have an incident.

In NaNoWriMo news.... Of all my NaNo buddies, only one remains on the journey with me, elbakerone. Our word counts continue to leap frog each day. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm going to make it to 50K, although I'm not giving up. I just feel a little 'off the trail' right now. It's a normal phase to go through and I've made it past before. I just keep putting one word in front of the other until I can 'see the path' again. Yesterday I actually turned Jack and Sam's conversation on the Twilight vampires into a discussion on monogamy. Jack always gives Sam hell over his womanizing. Somebody has to.

No comments: