Wednesday, August 19, 2009

8.19.2009

Today for lunch Mom and I went to downtown S'ville. I wanted to eat at the little jazz room there called Zamorah's. They didn't have any jazz playing but they did have good soul food.
I had Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time and I enjoyed them very much. Mom and I discussed "our day" - which is my adoption birthday but somehow feels like an anniversary too. We decided to call it Leandra Day - after a nickname Mom once gave herself. It's just the kind of qwirky thing I love.



Afterwards Mom and I did some shopping. Mom had some tense moments with a drama back home in Florida but thankfully it all worked out before dinnertime. We made grilled chicken salads and since we were so good and healthy for dinner we didn't feel any guilt over our cake.
Mmmmmmm.... cheesecake from Stax! I put half in the freezer for my other birthday.

No comments: