D remarked that it's been awhile since I've posted. We have been so busy getting ready for Mom's visit, I just haven't had very much energy or free time. D and I managed to get the new hardware installed in the bathroom (it didn't take us long to miss that towel bar). We paid $12 for a set that originally sold for $54 - not bad! We also replaced the light fixture in the library.
We saw The Time Traveler's Wife. I knew they wouldn't be able to film all my favorite scenes, the book is over 500 pages after all. But I missed what was left out and what was altered. I do think the casting was dead on. All in all, I like the book better.
I've only finished one book in the last week, which is low for me and very frustrating. With only 8 books left and the clock ticking down in my 999 Challenge, I can almost taste victory!
Things are not going well at work. There's talk of at least two more shutdown weeks this year. We're having a meeting tomorrow to discuss it.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment