Thursday, July 23, 2009
7.23.2009
Neither of us could decide what kind of food we wanted for dinner tonight. So we gathered up our courage and went to Sweet Basil, the Thai place right around the corner from work. I guess it's true that first opinions making a lasting impression because we're still very gun-shy about Thai food. But it's been seven years since that less-than-desirable meal in Alexandria, VA and we were feeling up for the challenge. Sweet Basil is a beautiful, charming little restaurant. It's got atmosphere in spades. I had a glass of the Lemongrass herbal tea and D had iced chai. We ordered Spring Rolls, Chicken Satay with Cucumber Salad and Amanda Chicken with vegetables. We ate every morsel and it was so good! Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me and I had to rely on my cell phone so these pics are kind of wonky. We'll just have to go back to Sweet Basil again so I can do the place justice!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment