Saturday, June 6, 2009

GIRL TRIP - day two

FRIDAY - JUNE 5th

It rained off & on all day long. We started off the day at a little cafe called Another Broken Egg. I warded off the damp with a mug of hot chocolate. TE had French Toast. I had a Belgian Waffle. I devoured it before I remembered to take a photograph. Guess I was hungry!

I saw a lot of Tallahassee today. Even in the downpour it's a pretty city. I've always loved Live Oaks and Spanish moss but I didn't expect to find them here, not sure why that is, it's a capitol city after all. We visited several of TE's friends, some she had not seen in several years. We went by the bridal store and TE showed me the dress. I can't wait to see it on her at the beach (next month!). She's a beautiful bride and it will be a wonderful wedding. Afterwards we did a little retail therapy at the mall. I experienced Garnet & Gold, a Mecca for all FSU alums. It made me homesick for Jeff City.


For the Girl's Night Out, AM, AC, TE and I went to see a movie. The chick flick was no longer playing so we watched Night at the Museum II. I really, really enjoyed it and I thought it was a decent sequel. After the movie, about 10PM, we went out to Chili's. I was starving. That hamburger was good. Not as good as the one I had at Bogart's last weekend, but still very tasty.


About Midnight we dug into a Chocolate Oreo cheesecake that one of TE's friends had made for her. It was very good and very rich. I could not finish my piece.


Technically no sleep on Friday night. But who wants to sleep when there are cheeseburgers and cheesecake to be had? I'm going to have to fit in some walking soon...

No comments: