Saturday, June 6, 2009

GIRL TRIP - day three

JUNE 6TH - SATURDAY

Finally got to see the sun. I was beginning to wonder if I really was in the Sunshine State after all. TE's second bridal shower was today. We played games and had food from Olive Garden (yum). And of course, more cake. Definitely need to walk soon!




This handsome newly-minted little boy screamed every time I was cajoled into holding him. Not that that was a surprise to me, I have not yet encountered an infant that likes me. But after another feeding he was tired enough to doze off irregardless of who was under the burp cloth. Such a rare moment just had to be captured for posterity.


This afternoon we went to the mall again to see another friend of TE's. There was also a birthday party at Build-a-Bear and then cupcakes down in the food court. The thunderstorms came back this evening. I got to talk with D for a long time which made me happy. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a tad homesick. The combination of sugar and caffeine has had the usual effect - I am very wired tonight. In fact, it's Midnight and I'm still not sleepy. So no sleep on Saturday night either.

No comments: