D and I stopped for dinner at Anita's, a little mexican place we've passed by several times but never tried. It's a beautiful little cantina. I had the Raspberry Chipotle Chicken with black beans and rice. D had a burrito and a chalupa, both chicken, with refried beans and rice. The Bad: both of us agreed that the food was lacking in seasoning. It was, on the whole, very bland. I almost couldn't tolerate my black beans until I relented and applied salt and pepper. They were suddenly very palatable. I was amazed that such a small amount of seasoning could make that much of a difference. The Good: They have excellent sweet tea. Not bitter at all and not too sweet. And... all the waitstaff we were exposed to spoke English as their first language. Which means I can ask questions and make chit chat and not get those awful blank stares and small nods I usually receive. I hate that. The Really Good: Xangos. Fried cheesecake sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and drizzled with caramel. Kind of like sopapillas version 2.0. Mmmmm. Xangos...
Thursday, June 25, 2009
6.25.2009
Date Night, my favorite night of the work week!

D and I stopped for dinner at Anita's, a little mexican place we've passed by several times but never tried. It's a beautiful little cantina. I had the Raspberry Chipotle Chicken with black beans and rice. D had a burrito and a chalupa, both chicken, with refried beans and rice. The Bad: both of us agreed that the food was lacking in seasoning. It was, on the whole, very bland. I almost couldn't tolerate my black beans until I relented and applied salt and pepper. They were suddenly very palatable. I was amazed that such a small amount of seasoning could make that much of a difference. The Good: They have excellent sweet tea. Not bitter at all and not too sweet. And... all the waitstaff we were exposed to spoke English as their first language. Which means I can ask questions and make chit chat and not get those awful blank stares and small nods I usually receive. I hate that. The Really Good: Xangos. Fried cheesecake sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and drizzled with caramel. Kind of like sopapillas version 2.0. Mmmmm. Xangos...
D and I stopped for dinner at Anita's, a little mexican place we've passed by several times but never tried. It's a beautiful little cantina. I had the Raspberry Chipotle Chicken with black beans and rice. D had a burrito and a chalupa, both chicken, with refried beans and rice. The Bad: both of us agreed that the food was lacking in seasoning. It was, on the whole, very bland. I almost couldn't tolerate my black beans until I relented and applied salt and pepper. They were suddenly very palatable. I was amazed that such a small amount of seasoning could make that much of a difference. The Good: They have excellent sweet tea. Not bitter at all and not too sweet. And... all the waitstaff we were exposed to spoke English as their first language. Which means I can ask questions and make chit chat and not get those awful blank stares and small nods I usually receive. I hate that. The Really Good: Xangos. Fried cheesecake sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and drizzled with caramel. Kind of like sopapillas version 2.0. Mmmmm. Xangos...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmmm. Xangos...
I do wish the only fruit available wasn't strawberry.
Ready to take you back :-D
D
Post a Comment