
Yes, my beautiful wisteria arbor came down in the storm last night. The weather was so crazy, I'm certain it must have been like a category .5 hurricane or something. We had hail! We lost power about 11:30 or so and it still has not come back on. Luckily our cell phones have an alarm feature. D looked out the window this morning and saw my wisteria on the ground. After we uprighted the arbor I looked at the roots. Some of them are pulled up but they don't look broken. And it is a hardy little thing, it might survive. I am grateful that it was just the wisteria on the ground and not a tree through our roof! I'm hoping our power will be back on when we get home, we passed several utility crews on the way in to work. I'm getting tired of replacing all the food in our fridge. Sometimes I want to send Duke power a bill!
3 comments:
The hail was a very surprising thing. It sounded like a bunch of rocks or pebbles falling on the roof. We haven't really had, or at least heard, hail at our house before.
I meant to give you guys a call, but then your phone was probably out. If your power is on when you get home your food will probably be OK. We finally got most of the tree out of our back yard. Your wistera will probably thrive after its shake up! It just woke it up a bit.
Oh, I'm so sorry! We lost a tree in a storm last month and I was so sad! We had to have it cut down and I almost cried. Our yard looks so strange now. I hope your wisteria recovers.
Post a Comment