Sunday, May 3, 2009

5.3.2009

My Wisteria is in full bloom!


Three weeks ago when we were at LRL and BBL's house they showed us some stepping stones in their garden. It's been a long time since I made any stones. I've had plans to make some to go from the fence out to the garden, even purchased the glass squiggles to do it, just never made the time. Well LRL and BBL inspired me to get off my duff.

They asked me how I made mine but at the time I was a little fuzzy on it. Today as D and I made the stone I decided to take pictures so that I could remember and answer any questions they had. I can't remember making a stone with D before but it's been a few years. He was a big help to me today, doing all the manly things like cutting the chicken wire and mixing the concrete. He also fixed awesome pot roast for dinner!

How VPL Was Taught to Make a Stepping Stone:

Spray the mold with baking spray or spread vaseline on it. Place your circle of Contact paper sticky-side up. Place your glass/tiles into position remembering that the bottom side will be the top when the stone is unmolded. Press down on your glass/tiles to make them stick to the Contact paper. Cut a circle out of chicken wire and make sure it fits inside the mold.





Mix your cement. Place half the cement in the mold. Try not to disturb the glass/tiles.




Add the chicken wire. Finish filling the mold with concrete. Tap gently to bring any air bubbles to the surface. Wait two days before unmolding.

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

Thanks for the step by step lesson!