Monday, May 11, 2009

5.11.2009

A week ago today we lost Alex. This morning at work R.S. presented me with a copy of his book as thanks for the encouragement I gave him. I blogged back in September about how he immortalized Alex as a character in his stories. It was bittersweet re-reading the parts with Alex in them. Mostly good feelings but there were some tears.

On a happier note.... the blog is one-year old today! I started this blog on a whim without really knowing what I wanted out of it. I've used it not only as a means of communication with family, but also as a diary to help my memory and as a digital scrapbook too. It's really become a special thing to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and to me, also! xxoo

HymnSinger said...

And it got us bloging too! By the way the outing yesterday was fun!(but not having done much walking the backs of my legs are sore)