Thursday, April 30, 2009

4.30.2009

I've just realized how quiet I've been this week! I only blogged on Wednesday and that was Wordless so it really doesn't count. Some days being social is too much for me. I avoid facebook and don't return emails but usually I try and keep the blog going.

Last night we had handbell and choir practice. I was a little more confident except that at some points it felt like I was ringing too loudly. The others told me that maybe it just seems that way because I'm closest to my bells. I told D that I think my G is the most active bell in the pieces we are playing. Not really a place to start off a newbie, unless it's a baptism-by-fire type of thing. But that was the only treble clef position he had open. I'm enjoying it. The only downside is that playing bells and then holding my choir music for several hours makes my back hurt. I'm dealing with it. I'm embracing the 'no excuses' mentality and being faithful.

I came up with the idea of throwing a small party for the three high school graduates in the orchestra. One of the kids has a glutten allergy. D and I are going to Whole Foods to see if they have a cake mix we can use. Nothing like a challenge.

We continue to give Alex his subcutaneous fluids. This morning I woke up to his butt in my face. And when he realized I was conscious he asked for breakfast...loudly. It was good to see 'the old Alex' again. He has good and bad days, just like everyone does.

I think I'm starting to get spring fever and I don't mean allergies, although I've been having trouble with that as well. I've had the urge to purge my closet... which is very rare indeed. I might actually work on it some while D is at his music conference this weekend. At the very least I need to move my winter things to the cedar chest.

No comments: