Monday, February 23, 2009

2.23.2009

Dr. Roberts called this evening to give us the report on Alex's urine sample. He's been having Alex's urine and/or blood analyzed for the past two years, ever since we noticed his kidney function was in decline. There was no sign of protein or bacteria in his sample, which is great! The medicine we give him daily is certainly doing its job. We still don't know why he's lost 14ozs in the last year. So we'll continue to watch his weight. But at least his kidneys have a good report.

I am now more than halfway through The Brothers Karamazov. Fyodor has just been killed. The very first sentence of the blurb on the back of the book tells you he dies. I can't believe I had to slog through 512 pages before it actually happens! I will certainly feel a sense of accomplishment when I'm done with it.

No comments: