Today was the second annual Lego contest at the library. D had a good time judging last year and he was pleased to be asked back again. The theme was Under the Sea so naturally there were a lot of ships, submarines and fish. D remarked how different the boys were from the girls. The boys regaled him with stories about their attack subs while the girls had mostly sea animals. That's so true. I sat on the sidelines beside a man who son, Scott, had the most vivid imagination. He told me that the evil genius was controlling other machines from his mechanical octopus and he was going to take over the world! And then he showed me the little 'radio towers' on the octopus that transmitted the orders to the other machines. These kids were a lot of fun.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
2.21.2009
Today I woke up with a dastardly craving for a bagel. A real bagel. And as we already had plans to drive into G'ville, D and I breakfasted at Greenfield's Bagels and Deli. I stuck with what I normally order at any bakery (a double-toasted sesame seed) so that I could compare it with other bagels I have experienced. D had a spinach bagel with veggie cream cheese, which wasn't bad. Mine was quite possibly the best bagel I have ever had. It was perfectly toasted and yet it was so soft and moist in the middle. It was heaven. It is just a shame that we live so far away. That's one thing I miss about living in FL, there's not a bagel shop on every corner. We took a half dozen home with us: two sun-dried tomato, one cinnamon raisin, one cheese, one blueberry and one everything.

Today was the second annual Lego contest at the library. D had a good time judging last year and he was pleased to be asked back again. The theme was Under the Sea so naturally there were a lot of ships, submarines and fish. D remarked how different the boys were from the girls. The boys regaled him with stories about their attack subs while the girls had mostly sea animals. That's so true. I sat on the sidelines beside a man who son, Scott, had the most vivid imagination. He told me that the evil genius was controlling other machines from his mechanical octopus and he was going to take over the world! And then he showed me the little 'radio towers' on the octopus that transmitted the orders to the other machines. These kids were a lot of fun.


Two of the winning entries.

Today was the second annual Lego contest at the library. D had a good time judging last year and he was pleased to be asked back again. The theme was Under the Sea so naturally there were a lot of ships, submarines and fish. D remarked how different the boys were from the girls. The boys regaled him with stories about their attack subs while the girls had mostly sea animals. That's so true. I sat on the sidelines beside a man who son, Scott, had the most vivid imagination. He told me that the evil genius was controlling other machines from his mechanical octopus and he was going to take over the world! And then he showed me the little 'radio towers' on the octopus that transmitted the orders to the other machines. These kids were a lot of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment