Saturday, January 31, 2009

1.31.2009

This morning D and I met LRL and BBL at IHOP for a pancake prayer breakfast. The place was packed out. I adore pancakes and IHOP's are the best. I ate 9 of them! But D and I had planned to only eat twice today so I was OK with that. I felt odd praying in public but that's something I need to get over anyway. It was a good fellowship time. I'd say that we need to do it more often but I don't think my waistline could take it! Maybe next time we could meet for Smoothies.

Afterwards D and I made our monthly trip to Borderlands to pick up his comic books. By coincidence, they were having their annual sale. Back issues were 3 for $1. D and I spent at least an hour there. I love browsing through back issues, you find the most interesting things. In fact, I found something for MRL that I can't wait to send to him for his birthday.

We stopped by the Fresh Market. Their avocados were twice as expensive as Whole Foods so I didn't buy any. We also picked up some Salmon for tomorrow's lunch and some yams. The yams we turned into steak fries for dinner and they were very good. We will do that again in the future. D made hamburgers, always a treat.

I spent a good portion of the afternoon and evening doing maintenance on D's comic book inventory on LibraryThing. Speaking of LT... our 999 Group starts The Brothers Karamazov tomorrow. I was going to get a jump start on it today but I got sidetracked with the aforementioned comics. Isn't that just the way it is today... Pop Culture edging out the Classics....

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

How did we manage to NOT get a picture of the stacks of pancakes? (We had a good time too!)